This can be one of the hardest decisions to make for your pool, and the end result will also depend on specific site situations and the swimming pool’s position. As one of Brisbane’s leading pool builders we have experience with various interiors and here are the five that we recommend you choose from.
1. Smooth Pebble – This is a 1-2mm rolled pebble finish that is applied to the concrete pool shell, rendered and exposed. This is the most cost effective product to use, and it is also very hard wearing.
The principle of a pebble interior comes from nature – the white and black pebbles reflect sky blue, with gold, red and brown pebble reflecting a green colour.
2. Aqua Neon – This is also a pebble-based product but has a wide selection of glass beads that can be introduced to create a point of difference to your pool’s interior. A pure white cement is used in the mix to create a very clean finish, which is also a lot smoother finish than a standard pebble interior. The only small limitation is that the swimming pool must run as a fresh water pool for the first 4-6 weeks.
3. Quartzon – A sand based render that has oxides (colours) blended through it, is applied to create a smooth, coloured finish to the swimming pool. It allows you to achieve various types of colours from whites to greens, to dark blues.
Because of the use of colours in the mix, it is important to maintain very strict water testing and balancing routines if you choose Quartzon. If neglected it is very hard to remove any stains, calcium marks etc that may appear. This type of swimming pool must also run as a fresh water pool for the first 4-6 weeks.
4. Jewels4Pools – This product is made from recycled glass, and is applied via a render to the pool. It is a smooth finished interior surface and there are a vast array of colour options available to choose from. While a dazzling finish in any pool, we would highly recommend it in shady or covered areas to really bring your swimming pool to life.
5. Tiled – If you’ve been in a fully tiled pool before you would have marvelled at the smooth feel. Using tile also means you can achieve any colour you desire. This makes it one of the most popular options for swimming pool interiors.